||Study Sanskrit, read Sanskrit texts, listen to Vedic pundits chant, or read Sanksrit humor.
This site contains a wide variety of Sanskrit texts and stotras in the pdf format,
which you can view or print for your personal use. Most of the texts are in
Devanagari script, some with English translation. The Bhagavad-Gita, Devi Mahatmyam, all of the sahasranama stotras, and several other texts are also encoded in transliteration (by popular demand).
A lot of attention has been put into formatting the texts for maximum aesthetic appeal
and ease of use.
- Presents the Bhagavad-Gita in both normal print-size and large print-size, as well as a translation of the first 6 chapters by His Holiness Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.
- Devi Mahatmyam - Shri Durga Saptashati - Chandi Path
- Presents the Devi Mahatmyam (which is also known as the Durga Saptashati and as the Chandi Patha) in both normal print-size and large print-size, including the introductory and concluding stotras traditionally chanted before and after the Devi Mahatmyam.
- Selections from the Veda & Vedic Literature
- Including the 40 Areas of Vedic Literature, Rig Veda, Sama Veda, Ganapati Atharvashirsha Upanishad (also known as the Ganapati Upanishad), Yoga Sutras of Maharshi Patanjali, Shiva Sutras, Mandukya Upanishad, Isha Upanishad, Shantis for the 108 Upanishads, Mahavakyas, Pingala Chandas, and Paniniya Shiksha.
- Sahasranama Stotras
- Including the Vishnu Sahasranama, Lalita Sahasranama, Shiva Sahasranama (3 different versions), Ganesh Sahasranama, Surya Sahasranama, Ganga Sahasranama, Lakshmi Sahasranama, Gayatri Sahasranama, Saraswati Sahasranama, Durga Sahasranama (3 different versions), Kali Sahasranama (2 different versions), RadhaKrishna Sahasranama, Rama Sahasranama, Subrahmanya Sahasranama, and Shanaishchara Sahasranama (Shani Sahasranama).
- Miscellaneous Stotras
- Including Guru Gita, Guru Stotram, Guru Paadukaa Stotram, Trotaka's Hymn to his Master Shankaracharya, Ramashtakam, 2 Saraswati Stotras, Mahalakshmi Stotram, Mahalakshmi Verse, Durga Stuti, 32 Names of Durga, Lalita Stotram, Ganesh Pancharatnastotram, Ganesh Astava, Ganesh Ekavimshatinama Stotram, and Shiva Manasa Puja.
- Stotras to the Planets - Navagraha Stotras
- Including Aditya Hridayam, Surya Ashtakam, Surya Sahasranama, Surya Ashtottarashatanama Stotram, Chandra Ashtavimshatinama Stotram, Chandra Kavacham, Mangala Kavacham, Angaraka Stotram, Rinamochaka Mangala Stotram, Budha Kavacham, Budha Panchavimshatinama Stotram, Brihaspati Kavacham, Brihaspati Stotram, Shukra Kavacham, Shanaishchara Sahasranama, Shanaishchara Stavaraja, Shanaishchara Stotram (Dasharatha Shani Stotram), Shani Vajrapanjara Kavacham, Rahu Kavacham, Rahu Stotram, Ketu Kavacham, Ketu Panchavimshatinama Stotram, Navagraha Dhyanam, Navagraha Mantra, Navagraha Pidahara Stotram, and Navagraha Stotram.
- Transliterated Documents
- Including the Bhagavad-Gita, Devi Mahatmyam, Aditya Hridayam, Guru Gita, Ganapati Atharvashirsha Upanishad, Ganesh Ekavimshatinama Stotram, Mahalakshmi Stotram, Vishnu Sahasranam, Lalita Sahasranam, Shiva Sahasranam, Ganesh Sahasranam, Surya Sahasranam, Lakshmi Sahasranam, Saraswati Sahasranam, Durga Sahasranam, Kali Sahasranam, Ganga Sahasranam, Parvati Sahasranam, Gayatri Sahasranam, Subrahmanya Sahasranam, RadhaKrishna Sahasranam, Rama Sahasranam, Shanaishchara Sahasranam (Shani Sahasranam), Surya Ashtottarashatanama Stotram, Chandra Ashtavimshatinama Stotram, Chandra Kavacham, Mangala Kavacham, Angaraka Stotram, Rinamochaka Mangala Stotram, Budha Kavacham, Budha Panchavimshatinama Stotram, Brihaspati Kavacham, Brihaspati Stotram, Shukra Kavacham, Shanaishchara Stavaraja, Shanaishchara Stotram (Dasharatha Shani Stotram), Shani Vajrapanjara Kavacham, Rahu Kavacham, Rahu Stotram, Ketu Kavacham, Ketu Panchavimshatinama Stotram, Navagraha Dhyanam, Navagraha Mantra, and Navagraha Pidahara Stotram.
- Audio Recordings
- Follow along as Vedic Pundits recite various Sanskrit and Vedic texts: Rig Veda, Sama Veda, Taittiriya Samhita (Krishna Yajur Veda), Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita.
- Original Works and Scholarly Papers
- Knowledge-based papers related to Sanskrit, the Vedic literature, and Maharishi's Vedic Science, including:
"Maharishi's Program of Reading the Vedic Literature: Unfolding the Total Potential of Natural Law", "The Churning of Vedic Knowledge", and "Origins of Vedic Civilization"
- Learning Tools
- Off-site links to aid you in your Sanskrit studies.
- Favorite Books
- Discover the very best Sanskrit and Vedic books.
- Sanskrit Humor
- Read, laugh, and if you want, contribute your own humor. Enjoy.
- This site is dedicated to His Holiness Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.
9,000 Maharishi Vedic Pandits at the Brahmasthan of India:
We invite you to support this historic project to assemble 9,000 Maharishi Vedic Pandits
trained in Vedic Technologies of Consciousness to create world peace
If you would like to show your appreciation for all the work and dedication which has gone into this website, we invite you to click here for information on how to make a financial contribution — through the Brahmananda Saraswati Foundation — to the historic project of assembling 9000 Maharishi Vedic Pandits trained in Vedic Technologies of Consciousness to create world peace. Your contribution will help to quickly establish this group of 9000 peacekeepers at the Brahmasthan of India, the geographic center of India.
More than 40 years of scientific research has established that a sufficiently large group of specially trained peacekeepers can raise the level of coherence and harmony in global collective consciousness and turn the tide towards peace for the whole world. Thanks to generous supporters from over 90 countries, the group in India has increased in recent years to about 2,000 Pandits. The goal is to raise annual support for 9,000 Vedic Pandits — the number needed to have a global effect — and to build an endowment fund that will secure the group permanently, creating world peace for all times.
UNESCO has declared Vedic chanting as a masterpiece of oral and intangible heritage of humanity.
For more information on this project, on the Maharishi Vedic Pandits, and on the Vedic Technologies of Consciousness, click here or on any one of the photos above.
VIDEO: This short video presents an intimate picture of the training and dedication of these quiet peacekeepers, the Maharishi Vedic Pandits.
Live performances of Rudra Abhishek Yagya from the Brahmasthan of India:
Enjoy the blessings of the Maharishi Vedic Pandits online
Live performances of Rudra Abhishek Yagya from the Brahmasthan of India can be viewed every day at 6:30 am, 9:30 am, 12:30 pm, and 3:30 pm Indian time, on channel 2 of the Maharishi Channel:
NOTE: India is 3 1/2 hours ahead of Central European Time and 9 1/2 hours ahead of East Coast US time.
It is not necessary to install any fonts in order to view the Sanskrit texts. All files on this site are in the PDF format.
In order to view or print these texts, you will need Adobe(R) Acrobat(R) Reader.
If you do not already have it on your computer you can
download a copy for free from Adobe. If you want to listen to audio recordings and do not
have Real Player, then you can
download a free copy of Real Player (don't bother buying the fancy player; you don't need it).
All texts have been carefully proof-read. Every effort has been made to ensure that
no errors exist in these texts. If you find an error, please report it so that
it can be corrected.
You can e-mail us at:
Vishnu Sahasranama, Surya Sahasranama, RadhaKrishna Sahasranama, Rama Sahasranama, Durga Sahasranama, Kali Sahasranama, Gayatri Sahasranama, Parvati Sahasranama, Lakshmi Sahasranama, Saraswati Sahasranama, Shanaishchara Sahasranama, Shiva Sahasranama (from the Mahabharata), Mahalakshmi Stavakavachapuja, Bhadrakali Kavacham, Ganesh Ekavimshatinama Stotram, and Surya Ashtottarashatanama Stotram were supplied by Kirk Wortman. The Dakaradi Durga Sahasranama (from the Kularnava Tantra), Chandra Ashtavimshatinama Stotram, Chandra Kavacham, Mangala Kavacham, Budha Kavacham, Budha Panchavimshatinama Stotram, Brihaspati Kavacham, Rahu Kavacham, Rahu Stotram, Ketu Kavacham, Navagraha Dhyanam, and Navagraha Mantra were supplied by Ravin Bhalekar. The Suryashtakam, Ramashtakam, Durga Stuti, Ganesh Pancharatnastotram, both Saraswati Stotras, Shukra Kavacham, and "Maharishi's Program of Reading the Vedic Literature: Unfolding the Total Potential of Natural Law" were supplied by William Sands PhD. Paniniya Shiksha, Lalita Sahasranama, Guru Paduka Stotram and "Churning of Vedic Knowledge" were supplied by Detlef Eichler. "Origins of Vedic Civilization" was supplied by Kenneth Chandler PhD. The Guru Gita was supplied by Kapila Shankaran, Mrs. Shankaran, and Sunder Hattangadi. The Shiva Sahasranama which is from the Shivarahasya Itihasa (and which also appears in the Rudrayamala Tantra) was supplied by R. Ravichander. Peter Hodak supplied the following texts: Shiva Sahasranama (from the Linga Purana) and Ganga Sahasranama. Subrahmanya Sahasranama and Ganesh Sahasranama were supplied by the team of Peter Hodak and Kirk Wortman. Devi Mahatmyam was supplied by the team of Sunder Hattangadi, Smt. K. Shankaran, and Kirk Wortman.
Audio recordings of the Devi Mahatmyam and the Ganapati Atharvashirsha Upanishad are supplied by GRD Iyers.
We wish to thank the Omkarananda Ashram for the Devanagari fonts, Roman Transliteration font, and "Itranslator99" software which were used to produce most of the texts and stotras. The Itranslator99 software was used to convert the ITRANS code -- in which most of the Sanskrit documents were originally encoded -- into Devanagari text. Please see the link below to download their free Itranslator99 software and fonts.
We would like to give a special thank you to
Craig Ridgley for giving us the space for this site.
Here are some links to sites of related interest.
- Vedic Literature Collection at Maharishi University of Management (MUM)
- A magnificent website! This is unquestionably the best and most comprehensive collection of Sanskrit texts available online. The vastness and profundity of virtually the entire body of ancient Vedic Literature is on display here, freely available and easily accessible. MUM's Vedic Literature Collection comprises almost 60,000 pages of Vedic texts, including rare, sought-after, or out-of-print publications; most of this collection is now online. Scholars and libraries from around the world contributed to the project by providing texts. MUM's Vedic Literature Collection orders the previously scattered Vedic texts according to the principles of ancient Vedic Science revived by His Holiness Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. The 40 areas of Vedic Literature available at this website include Rig-Veda, Sama-Veda, Yajur-Veda, Atharva-Veda, the Vedangas, the Upangas (Darshanas), the Upavedas, the Smritis, most of the Puranas and Upapuranas, Mahabharata, Ramayana, the major Upanishads, the Brahmanas, the Aranyakas, all of the major Ayurvedic texts, and the Pratishakhyas. All the Sanskrit texts at this website are available as downloadable PDF files.
- Sanskrit Documents
- An ambitious endeavor covering all aspects of
learning and studying Sanskrit. Find original texts and stortas, learning tools, dictionaries,
software for processing Devanagari, and links to other valuable resources.
- Tripura Rahasya
- This amazing book is a dialog between Dattatreya and Parasurama in English translation. If you like the Yoga Vasishta, you will love this book.
- Voice of Sankara
- 30 shlokas from Sankara presented in Sanskrit, with equivalent phonetics in English, and their translation as well.
- Sacred Texts
- English translations of many texts including: Rig Veda, Sama Veda, Yajur Veda, Atharva Veda,
Dharma Sutras, Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, Ramayana, Mahabharata, Devi Bhagavatam, and 10 different Upanishads.
- Omkarananda Ashram's Sanskrit Page
- Omkarananda Ashram provides free downloads of their beautiful Sanskrit99 & AncientSanskrit99 fonts, as well as their "URW Palladio IT" transliteration font. Also, they provide free downloads of the best ITRANS-to-Devanagari conversion software available anywhere, called "Itranslator99". We have used their Itranslator99 software and their Sanskrit & transliteration fonts to produce most of the texts on our Sanskrit Document List page (click link at top or bottom of this page to go to our Sanskrit Document List page). Itranslator 99 is a free utility which converts ITRANS 5.30 encoded text or text files into Devanagari or Transliteration (True Type), which can be saved in Rich Text Format (.rtf), as web page (.htm), as ANSI text (.txt), or pasted via clipboard in any other application.
- GRD Iyers
- A site with high-quality audio recordings of many Sanskrit texts. We have provided links to some of these Sanskrit texts on our Sanskrit Document List page and our Audio page.
- Vedic Art Gallery
- Many high quality pictures of your favorite deities. A great resource.
- Other links
- Find a complete set of links on the Sanskrit Documents site.